Sunday, September 20, 2009

A busy eventful weekend

It was a huge weekend around here.
Friday Anthony asked if he could stay after school and go to the filed hockey game after school. The other weekend he asked to go to a football game. This is huge for him because we have to force him to be in the same room when Jimmy and I are watching sports. He said he had a great time. I know most of that was because of hanging out with his friends, but hey, I'll take it. He was telling us all about the game, and different plays and things like that so I know he actually was paying attention. He is even thinking about seeing if he can get a sports team manager position. WAHOO!!! Then he was telling us he was able to get the yearbook photographer. There is only 3 spots available and he got one. I am so proud of him. He is finally showing interest in different school activites.
Saturday was a heartbreaking day for the kids. Their pet rat Sniffles had to be put to sleep. She has had a tumor growing under her tail for about a month. It literally went from starting to being huge in a month. It was about the size of an apple. Then we noticed she was getting another one on her face. It was only the size of a pimple but she was starting to show she was in pain. She couldn't even walk barely anymore. So Jimmy had to take her to the ASPCA to have her put to sleep. We brought her home and the kids got to bury her outside the house. It was very hard for them.
But the day ended well for them. They had a sleepover party to go to. My best friend was having a sleepover for her 2 girls. Our kids are really close in age. Anthony and her oldest son are 4 months apart to the day. Then she has a 10 year old and a 7 year old. Serenity and her 7 year old are 1 year and 2 months apart. So the kids always have a great time together. It was Serenity's first sleepover besides family. I was kind of worried about how she would do but she had a great time. And no issues at all. I was so glad to hear it.
Today for the kids is pretty much a just do whatever day. They are very excited for tomorrow. Their sister will be here. Willow is scheduled for tomorrow. I am due at the hospital at 7am for induction. I am so suprised she hasn't made her appearance yet. The kids are going crazy. Anthony wants to hold her so bad. Serenity wants to feed her, and Joey just wants her here. I can't say I blame on any of those points. I want her here too.
SO for the most part I think it has been a pretty good weekend for the kids.

No comments: