Thursday, March 8, 2012

Let's Go Downtown

Thanks to Jonathon Woods

I am convinced Downtown Abbey is the most underwatched but greatest show on television. It has recently returned for a second season. I’m hoping the six emmys it won last fall will get more people interested and increase the number of viewers! I watch it every chance I get with my www.DirectStarTV.com television service. I would hate for such an amazing show to be cancelled for lack of interest. Unfortunately it is on PBS, a station I don’t think many people look to for such amazing shows. Personally, I think that is one of the best things about it! It’s not constantly publicized and over-exposed which I believe makes people more interested. Maybe they are playing hard to get? Set during World War I, the subject matter is different from anything else on television or seen lately in movies so it’s tales are of an era the majority of the population has only learned about in school. It makes the time period seem more real with its gripping melodrama!

No comments: