Monday, June 27, 2011

What's for dinner?

I always try to doing menu planning. I really do. I sit down and make a list, then I look for recipes, and write it all down. I do really good. Then I either just forget all about it, or I just don't follow it. I have the best of intentions. I also get sick of eating the same things all the time. I am always on the look out for new recipes. I think I am going to start posting new recipes on here as I find them. Then maybe I will be very adventurous and post a weekly menu on here. Before when I was trying new recipes I would have the kids rate them 1-5 stars. Serenity always gave it the most amount of stars and she was very proud of the fact she voted the most. The boys were a little more reliable. Maybe this time around Serenity will be able to give a better estimate of what she thought of the food. So I am hoping this will give me the motivation to actually keep up with this.

And no better time to start because I keep saying I am not buying any more food until I get through some of the food in this house. I get overloaded with stuff because I forget what I have and buy more when I am at the store. Then I end up with 8 cans of beans and 15 pounds of pasta. But nothing to go with either.

No comments: